Maintaining intestinal health is key to keeping the rest of the dog healthy. The GI tract is the largest organ in the body, giving rise to the largest surface area for the absorption and digestion of nutrients.
Other functions of the intestinal tract include:
- Most metabolically active organ
- Most active hormone producing organ
- Digestion and nutrient assimilation
- Most active organ for the immune system
- Host to billions of microorganisms
An undernourished or unstable GI tract leads to poor digestion, depressed defense systems, which leads to reduction in nutrient absorption. The ingredients in Fido-Vite work together to nutritionally support optimal GI health.
Fido-Vite benefits include:
- Contains immunoglobin (dried bovine plasma) to nutritionally support a healthy immune system.
- Probiotics create intestinal lactic acid.
- Supplies beneficial lactobacillus organisms
- Added prebiotics support a better environment for beneficial flora
- Yucca Shidigera and Omega-3
- Digestive enzymes
“Everything starts with the development and maintenance of the intestinal tract, the largest organ in the body.”
Dr. Peter Ferket – North Carolina State University