Maintaining intestinal health is key to keeping the rest of the dog healthy. The intestinal tract is the largest organ in the body, giving rise to the largest surface area for the absorption and digestion of nutrients.
Other functions of the intestinal tract include:
- Most metabolically active organ
- Most active hormone organ
- Digestion and nutrient assimilation
- Most active organ for the immune system
- Host to billions of microorganisms
An undernourished or unstable intestinal tract leads to poor digestion, depressed defense systems, which leads to reduction in nutrient absorption. The ingredients in Fido-Vite work together with different modes of action to insure optimal intestinal health.
Fido-Vite intestinal benefits include:
- Contains immunoglobin (dried bovine plasma) to boost the immune system.
- Crowding out of pathogenic organisms
- Supplies beneficial lactobacillus organisms
- Provides better environment for beneficial flora
- Key nutrients provided for intestinal repair
- Anti-inflammatory natural ingredients
- Enzymes and highly available nutrients for ease of nutrient absorption
“Everything starts with the development and maintenance of the intestinal tract, the largest organ in the body.”
Dr. Peter Ferket – North Carolina State University